So you own a Vizio-brand television set. You’ve got the fancy keyboard remote and the video streaming apps right on your TV! But, when you plug in a device to any one of the HDMI ports, the TV merely displays, “No Signal”.
Is the solution gone forever?
On January 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM, an excellent deals woot! user with the handle
@bowlenj authored a wonderful comment in the questions section, containing the solution for this issue. Unfortunately, the deals woot! site was shut down, and the questions section went with it. With a little help from the Internet Archive, I believe we can bring this how-to back to life.
The solution is restored!
I’ve applied some copy-editing and step numbering, but the important parts remain in the correct order.
- Power off all HDMI devices connected to the TV.
- Disconnect all HDMI cables from the TV.
- Power off and unplug the TV’s power cord from the surge protector or wall outlet.
- Press and hold the TV power button for 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the HDMI cables back into the HDMI ports on the TV.
- Re-plug the TV’s power cord back into the surge protector or wall outlet.
Hang on just a dang minute.You plugged your TV into a surge protector, right? If you plugged it directly into a wall outlet, buy yourself a surge protector already! Seriously!
All ports should now work again.